World of movies, series, cartoons and games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of movies, series, cartoons and games

Svijet filmova, serija, crtanih filmova i igrica

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cardinals stun Texas, force World Series to Game 7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zhendeainia
Forum Friend

Broj poruka : 1
Datum upisa : 2010-12-10

Cardinals stun Texas, force World Series to Game 7  Empty
PostSubject: Cardinals stun Texas, force World Series to Game 7    Cardinals stun Texas, force World Series to Game 7  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:36 am

Hours after David Freese's home run plunked down on the grass patch beyond the center field wall, long after the ballpark emptied, a message still burned bright on the scoreboard: "See you TOMORROW

NIGHT for Game 7 of the World Series!"

Whatever happens, whether the St. Louis Cardinals or Texas Rangers win, they'll have a hard time topping Thursday night.

"You had to be here to believe it," St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said.

In one of the greatest thrillers in baseball history, the cheap jerseys Cardinals twice rallied when they were down to their last strike of the season. First, Freese saved them with a two-run triple in the ninth, then Lance Berkman

delivered a tying single in the 10th.

And when Freese led off the bottom of the 11th with his shot to beat Texas 10-9 and stomped on the plate, this Game 6 had already been stamped forever.

"Turned out to be one for the ages," said Daniel Descalso, who keyed a Cardinals comeback.

A Series that was dismissed by many around the country cheap soccer jerseys before it began for lacking glamour teams suddenly has turned into must-see TV. And fans can savor the prospect of the first World Series to reach Game 7

since 2002, when the Angels beat the Giants.

After it was over, La Russa wasn't willing to announce his starter - many believe it will be ace Chris Carpenter on three days' rest for only the second time in his career.

"I learned what my body's going to feel like, what my stuff's going to be like," Carpenter said. "You go out there and you make pitches. We'll see what happens."

Matt Harrison is set to start for Texas. Derek Holland,custom made jerseys who pitched shutout ball into the ninth inning in Game 4, could've been ready on regular rest after Wednesday's rainout. Instead, Texas manager Ron

Washington used him in relief.

Home teams have won the last eight Game 7s in the World Series, a streak that started with the Cardinals beating Milwaukee in 1982.

Oh, and this: mlb jerseys cheap By far, the Cardinals have won the most Game 7s in Series history, going 7-3.

"There is tomorrow, now, for us," Cardinals star Albert Pujols said.

A sloppy game that made for terrible viewing turned terrific in the late innings. Freese added to the lore created by the Carlton Fisk homer in Game 6 of the 1975 Series and Bill Buckner's error in Game 6 of the

1986 Series.

"A ridiculous game, weird game," Texas second baseman Ian Kinsler said. "But I bet it was fun for the fans. RolatoWe just came out on the wrong end."

To Freese, who was raised in the St. Louis area and was MVP of the NL championship series, it all reminded him of a game-ending home run Jim Edmonds hit in the 2004 playoffs.

"Growing up or whatever, and you see stuff like that happen, those become memories," said Freese, who immediately donated his bat and jersey to the Hall of Fame.

Tremendous theater, that is, except for Texas. The Rangers were that close to winning their first championship.

"I understand it's not over till you get that last out," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "I was just sitting there praying we got that last out. We didn't get it."

This was just the third time that a cheap nfl jerseys team one out from elimination in the World Series came back to win the game, according to STATS LLC. The New York Mets did it with Buckner's mistake and wound up

winning the championship. In 1911, the New York Giants rallied past the Philadelphia A's in Game 5, but lost the next game.

Freese's tying triple off the wall and just over right fielder Nelson Cruz came on a 1-2 pitch from closer Neftali Feliz. In the 10th, after Josh Hamilton had homered to give Texas a two-run lead, Berkman's two-

strike, two-out single made it 9-all.

"Initially I was like `Are you kidding me? My first AB off Feliz in this situation ever,'" Freese said. "I just beared down, got a pitch to hit. Initially I thought I hit it pretty good, I thought (Cruz) was going to grab it,

so just a lot of emotions on that one."

Berkman came through on a 2-2 pitch from Scott Feldman, finishing off a two-run rally in the 10th.

"I was one strike away," Feldman said. "That pitch there, I didn't quite get it in enough and he was able to get enough of the bat on it to knock it into center field."

Busch Stadium was still in frenzy when Freese opened the 11th with his homer off Mark Lowe. Freese thrust his arm in the air as he rounded first base, and the crowd was delirious.

"Just an incredible feeling, seeing all my teammates at the dish waiting for me," said Freese, whose shirt was torn off during the celebration.

Texas trudged off the field as Freese circled the bases, having been so close to that elusive title. Much earlier, team president Nolan Ryan was high-fiving friends in the stands as Adrian Beltre and Cruz opened the

seventh with home runs that helped Texas take a 7-4 lead.

"I'm not going to lose any sleep over it," Hamilton said. "We're just going to do everything we can to prepare. Guys are already talking about it. We're ready for Game 7. Shake it off and come back tomorrow.

That's just our mentality. But it goes both ways. Seems like they had that mentality. too."

Allen Craig's solo homer in the eighth began the Cardinals' comeback. Jake Westbrook wound up with the win.
Back to top Go down

Cardinals stun Texas, force World Series to Game 7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of movies, series, cartoons and games :: Ostalo-Other :: Offtopic-
Jump to: